Resicom – Holiday Investment – 04-21 – LB

Spain Still Top for UK Overseas Property Investors

Spain remains the favourite country for UK overseas property investors looking to buy a property in Europe.

Whether it be to relocate abroad, or purchase a second holiday home, more Britons are searching in Spain than any other European country according to the latest research from property website Rightmove.

Potential property purchasers based in the UK made over 2.5 million searches for property in Spain over the past year based on the latest compiled search figures.

The coastal resort of Alicante was the number one Spanish destination, with houses the most popular type of property. 62 per cent searched for houses, while the remaining 38 per cent looked for apartments or flats.

Spain was found to be particularly popular with potential property purchasers in northern UK cities such as Liverpool and Glasgow, but overall it remained the most popular destination with property searchers across the UK.

Close neighbour France was again the second most popular country for UK property buyers to search, followed by Italy and Portugal.

Head of Rightmove Overseas, Chris Pease, commented: ‘Over 12 months, we received an average of 2.5 million searches a month for property in Spain, indicating just how in-demand this sunny country is for property seekers.

‘Whether it’s the large expat community, the sunny climate, the food or simply the easy transition into relaxed Spanish culture that has Britons enthralled, Spain’s proximity to the UK, cheap flights and short travel time has it consistently emerging as one of the most popular property destinations abroad.’

The property search website has compiled the top ten European destinations searched for in the UK, based on the average numbers of monthly searches on its website over the past year.

European Top Ten Searches

1. Spain

2. France

3. Italy

4. Portugal

5. Ireland

6. Greece

7. Cyprus

8. Germany

9. Malta

10. Turkey

Be the first to comment on "Spain Still Top for UK Overseas Property Investors"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.